24.1.05

how can I possibly function on so little sleep?

Thursday I napped from 8 to 12:30, and then I stayed up until 6 doing my lab report. Finally I got to sleep for another 2 hours or so, skipping math AGAIN. Friday, I was going to go straight to bed after my lab ended at 7:30 but somehow I ended up going out with friends to the hookah bar. (Which was excellent, and I don't regret it, and I'm going back again sometime with friends. Definitely.) Slept from about 3 to maybe 11, and then it was time for my a cappella retreat at Samir's house. This was definitely worth the time and the effort - we started sounding really good by the end. We also had some much-needed bondage time over pizza, the movie Pootie Tang, and then later the Rocky Horror Picture Show at Hutch Theatre. It was a wonderful evening, and I finally got to bed around 3.

The next morning, I woke up at 10:30 on the dot, which is funny, because that's the exact time I was supposed to be at work. So Michelle's boyfriend drove me so I could get there asap (which was extremely nice of him and I need to get him a gift of thanks) and I worked. Thank goodness selling parking passes doesn't take a whole lot of thinking or consciousness.

After work, I was zonked out by 3:30, and despite my attempts to wake up to go study for o-chem, I didn't get up again until 8. So I spent the time between 8 and 2:00 am trying to absorb as much knowledge about o-chem as I could. Didn't help, though - our professor this quarter is insane and only tests on crap that's not in the book. bleh. At least I got out of work 75 minutes early today.

Well, two more midterms to study for (thursday math, friday bio), and also a math homework problem set and a lab write-up. Life these days is insane, but I'm trying my best to roll with it.

can't wait until summer.

No comments: