20.10.05

My internet's finally being fast, for once!!! That means I've been on Facebook for about 45 minutes now. I should really be in the kitchen cleaning up the mess from last night. My floor decided to have an international dinner before the Semesteranfangsparty last night, and so we met at 8. Keeping within the theme of "traditional dish or drink from your home country", I of course had no good ideas, since Americans don't have any traditions. So I ended up making a macaroni and cheese casserole, which turned out surprisingly good considering I had no cheddar cheese, because Germans don't sell it, I guess. It was a hit after the party, when people trickeled in from 2 to 3 AM and, hungry, were directed by me to the mac & cheese. I was going to eat it today for lunch but it was far more satisfying watching my German friends enjoy a very American dish. The other American that was there made devilled eggs, which were also very good, but we couldn't figure out how to explain them as we were making them. The translation we came up with was "verteufelte Eier", which doesn't really make sense, but "devilled eggs" doesn't really, either, now does it? So anyway, we have a kitchen full of bottles and dirty dishes and pans, so I'll so see if they need my assistance.

No comments: