13.2.06

I know I said I wouldn't be back for a week and a half, but I felt inspired to post.

Tonight at 11 PM I went out jogging, and instead danced in a snowfield under the moonlight to "Army" by Ben Folds Five. The landscape of Tuebingen laid out before me, I swirled around in bliss, kicked out my feet and forgot the world for 3 minutes and 23 seconds.

Sometimes you think you are taking control of life and saying, "look, here's what I want to do now. It may sound irrational, but it's what I'm going to do." And then something picks you up, sets you down square on your butt, and says, "No. This is what you're doing now."

And it's wonderful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That sounds A-Mazing.

I have a story sort of like that-
I went running last tuesday, at midnight, under the stars. I ran down to the fountain at school, and rolled down the hill behind it in the grass, then I looked at the stars and thought about how great it is to feel like you can fly.

Love you.

all you party people, come on! everybody's singing along!