20.2.06

OH MY GOODNESS.

First Ben Folds comes to play at the Paramount, and I'm missing it. Not a huge deal - I saw him on the same tour ("Landed") in Portland last summer with my dear Ashley, on a night which very well could have been the best night of my life (discounting the tire blow-out on I-5 on the way back at 12:30 AM). Plus, I saw Death Cab for Cutie in Munich last Saturday (great concert in a wonderful, intimate venue - I was front row, got the set list after the show, and Ben Gibbard heard me ask a question and ANSWERED IT), and I'll be seeing Bloodhound Gang on Tuesday in Stuttgart with Jeff and Scott. And we know that'll be the Chuck Norris of all concerts, no question.

And I miss a few other Seattle concerts, like Coldplay, and then of course EVERY SINGLE WONDERFUL SHOW that The Senate has put on. Okay. Coldplay's overrated. The Senate will still be melting faces with their acoutic rock when I get back to SeaTown.

But then, I see this.

I CANNOT BELIEVE I am going to miss a performance of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. I just REFUSE to believe it. This is a once-in-a-lifetime kind of thing. And I'm not there for it.

You - yes, you, living in Seattle - NEED to go see this show for me. I'm not kidding. It's amazing. It had better tour back sometime after September 2006, or the cast will know me with all my fury and rage.*

Another thing I wanted to share real quick is the fact that Jeff and I are trying to sample every beer we can get our hands on before we go back to the States. We have learned that a lot of imported beers are actually more available at home, since Germany is a country of beer snobs and they drink mostly locally-made brew. (Which is fine; I could drink Fischer's for the rest of my life and I'd be happy.) So to get, say, an Austrian beer (we loved Schladminger's), you have to actually go to Austria to find any. But this morning, Kiel introduced me to the wonder of Marktkauf, a store that isn't great but they have a Drink Market that is out of this world - some Czech beer (Rick and Matt will remember Pilsner Urquell), and beers from other parts of Germany, not just Baden-Wuerttemberg. So I raided the store and took home whatever I could carry, plus a few cans of Red Bull. I'll post the picture in the next post, because obviously I haven't figured out Blogger after 2 years of using it.

Okay, back to studying. Just one more test to go, tomorrow at 12:40, an oral test with a professor who has already done 4 straight days of examinations with other students. And it's in German. This does not bode well.

*Don't have much of either of those.

No comments: