23.3.06

Last night, I bought a printer. An exchange student who was going home to Chile soon sold it to me for 25 Euros, which is quite the steal except it didn't include a USB cable, so I'll either have to borrow or buy one. But now I can print things without having to go downtown for it!

As we were getting ready to go pick up the printer, Jeff and I were trying to find a box to carry it in, just in case the guy didn't still have the box. (He did.) As I was digging under the table that the TV is on, I came across a box that I hadn't even looked in before. (You have to remember, I'm living in a room that has collected all the appliances and knickknacks left by every recipient of this scholarship for the last 10 years, or maybe more. So I have a lot of junk lying around.) The box contained watercolor paints, brushes, paper, and a water heater (for tea and the like). I swear, this room is like a treasure trove. And my legacy will be a color printer and a hair dryer.

**Edit: I started telling that story about the mystery box because I wanted to tell you that it also included an old Walkman, which I have since hooked up to my speakers. It is now pirating radio to me, which I think is pretty cool, even though German radio, as a general rule, sucks pretty bad. People who own a TV set and/or a radio in Germany are required to pay monthly fees (Runkfunkgebuehren) to Rundfunk, which purportedly distributes the money to all the public TV channels and radio stations. I now have both a TV set AND a radio, and I'm not paying the fees. Yet. Don't tell the authorities.

And last night I had a scary dream about dinosaurs. I went to an amusement park with a friend for her birthday, and we had to be plunged 3000 floors down into the earth via elevator to be disinfected. The only ride I remember going on was pretty sucky, but for some reason the birthday girl couldn't be persuaded to leave, even though there was the threat of dinosaurs. A brontosaurus, tyrannosaurus, and a triceratops were the only dinosaurs there, and the brontosaurus almost stole my backpack, which went missing by the end of our time at the amusement park anyway. None of the dinosaurs could move if it started to snow on them, an effect that could be simulated if you released confetti over them. This proved helpful in our attempts to escape, which oddly enough we only needed to pull on the brontosaurus. The other two dinos weren't as aggressive. Okay, enough of my weird dreams. **End Edit

Tonight, my aunt comes in, and we will leave tomorrow for Switzerland via Baden-Baden. That means I have to pack again, and run countless errands today. This includes cleaning my room, so I'd better get started now. Have a good time while I'm away from the internet world, everybody!

No comments: