7.3.06

Today on the plane to Dublin via London:

British woman to me: "So what were you doing in Germany?"
Me: "Studying."
British woman: "So you're just going to London on holiday?"
Me: "Yes."
BW: "You ever been there?"
Me: "No. I'm really excited."

(silence)

Five minutes later:
BW: "So what do you think of England?"

This particular passenger also asked me if I was American, and after confirming that, she asked: "Do they use Euros over there, or is that just Europe?"

British accents help people sound more intelligent, but no amount of accent could help the IQ of this lady. I could blame it on the small bottle of sparkling wine she cracked open after take-off (at 10 AM!), but I don't think it was just that.

Side note to Ashley: I tried to print the following as a comment on your blog, but it wouldn't let me since the IP address is anonymous. So here you go:

The only vital cup measures are the 1/4 and the 1/3 cup... you can base all others off of those two.

Why are all the forks gone? Apparently the kitchen gnomes like ALL THE THINGS, just like we do.

In Dublin now! Irish accents are pretty hot! Love you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's true, but sometimes you just want the one cup measurer. It's so much more efficient to scoop it twice than the quarter cup eight times... sigh. That woman sounds retarded- but maybe the sparkling wine wasn't her first drink of the morning? And yes, Irish accents are SO HOT. As is eating all the things. And I love you too. And you didn't call me, lame-o!

Kyla said...

I tried to call you! You didn't pick up! :( I'll try again when I'm back in Tubingen. That'll probably be... oh man... I'm not sure... a week from tomorrow?

love you babe...