4.9.06

Does anybody know of any good hikes in the southeastern Olympics? Jamie and Dad and I want to go hiking today, but I'm having trouble finding a good, reasonable hike on the internet. I think we're going to go with Lower Lena Lake, but it doesn't have much elevation, which is what we wanted (so we can get some sweet views). Still, it's the smarter choice, since we haven't left yet and it's already 11 am. Another choice would be High Lookout Rock or whatever that one's called, but it's such a winding drive over to Rainier that I'd rather go with Lower Lena Lake and Highway 101 (also winding, but it's hiking, what can ya do?).

Yesterday, my sister and I hung out as I went through some of my stuff. We ended up trying on my old dresses that I found in a box, and she picked out one that I wore as a junior to homecoming. She'll probably take it in to get altered and wear it to a dance. It looks so nice on her!

Anyway, we gotta get going if we're going to make it to the trail in time. Til later!

2 comments:

Matthew said...

!!!! HIGH ROCK IS AMAZING!!!!!!

the best way to do high rock is to hike up in the late afternoon and stay up there to watch the sun go down, then hike down in the dark. it's incredible. not too long of a hike, it's somewhat steep but relatively short and totally worth it.

Ronda said...

sadness about the repercussions of your recent blog post.

will you be at the house this weekend? i plan to stop by friday...


oh, and i think my internet died as i was typing this to you (no internet at home, don't know why it's not working -- perhaps i'm cursed): bring a fancy dress with you to the house!! then we can dress up for no real reason and go hang out in the town, as we've discussed previously. it will be good times.

see ya soon!