17.7.03

we open Babes.. tonight. Thus, I must leave soon. Doesn't really seem like a Thursday night tonight, since I didn't go to work today. I was given the day off, and said I'd be in to work for 3 hours, and then I slept in and didn't go. Ah well, when your employer is your father, you're allowed to slack off once in a while.

Tonight I'm going to Lakefair after the show - good fun will be had by all. I'm especially anticipating what the Barrel Maker refers to as "nummy food". And for once I have money with which to buy it.

Watched "Pirates of the Caribbean" today with an old friend. 'Twas weird, since I don't think he wants to remain 'just friends', and so the movie was a little awkward. The 2 1/2 hour length didn't help either. AND I bought his ticket in exchange for what I later learned to be a tape of the show "FAME", the Capital Playhouse version. Hmm. Feeling used, and rightly so.

Ooh, very hungry, and I don't think the director's jelly beans will quite hit the spot. Off I go to eat, change into black clothing (god forbid! it's 80 degrees out!), and play a fantastic (?) show.

they call us Babes in Arms
but we are babes in armor


you now have a sample of what will be running through MY head for the next 2 hours. And the sad thing is, those two lines represent every lyric of the show that I know.

No comments: