20.7.03

came across this quote today:

A living language is like a man suffering incessantly from small haemorrhages, and what it needs above all else is constant transactions of new blood from other tongues. The day the gates go up, that day it begins to die. -H.L. Mencken, writer, editor, and critic (1880-1956)

France, you'd better take note. This WILL happen to your language.
haha, that reminds me of those drug commercials... you know, "This is your brain. This is your brain on drugs." It'd be fitting (and hilarious) if somebody formatted that to France. "This is a normal language. And this.... This is French." Fantastic.

Show ends today. I have mixed feelings about it. I've grown accustomed to the music, and it's fun to play, but I'll also be glad to have my weekend evenings back. All in all it hasn't been a bad deal. There's one girl there that I enjoy playing with. She's good at playing all the high notes, and I've got rhythm, so... between the two of us, we play a pretty good show. We're both going off to college, and even though she's one strange cookie, I'll miss her.

La, la la. I'd like to write more, but my car needs cleaning and it's already 5:20. Laterz.


warning signs
I missed the good part and I realized
I started looking and the bubble burst
I started looking for excuses

come on in
I've got to tell you what a state I'm in
I've got to tell you in my loudest tones
that I started looking for a warning sign

Well the truth is
I miss you
yeah the truth is
that I miss you so

warning sign
come back to haunt me and I realized
that you were an island and I passed you by
you were an island to discover

come on in
I've got to tell you what a state I'm in
I've got to tell you in my loudest tones
I started looking for excuses

when the truth is
that I miss you
yeah the truth is
that I miss you so

and I'm tired
I should not have let you go

so I crawl back into your arms
yes I crawl back into your arms
and I crawl back into your arms
yes I crawl back into your arms


Coldplay - Warning Sign

No comments: