20.10.03

trip home this weekend was cool. machte viel Spass. I'm thinking I'm not going back until thanksgiving, though. I'm really enjoying this independence, and other college-related things, except maybe studying. Also realized that I eat a lot when I'm home - probably because the food there is free for me. but I did have a good time catching Macbeth. It was interpreted very... interestingly. Hmm. But good. And then between riding home with Knot's dad to get to O-Town, seeing Batman's parents at the play, talking on the phone with little Jihad, and then hanging out with Irish boy and Manzanita's little brother at the cast party after the show, it was like I was with my friends - just older and younger versions. Muy creepy. But definitely a good time.

glad to be back, though. Much to do in this new life of mine. A busy week ensues, full of midterms and meetings and chem labs and lectures. german midterm tomorrow. And don't forget Radiohead Fun on Thursday night. that's gonna be one tight laser show.

did I mention I made it into the small a capella group? I'm pumped. I just printed out the first song we're singing (it's a simple arrangement of Dust in the Wind). The other director took off for somewhere so we can't get ahold of any of the music we were supposed to be singing, but that means a shorter rehearsal, so yay, I guess. I'll probably be pretty tired by 7:30 pm tomorrow.

huskies won yesterday! woot! it's about frickin' time. now the question is, how bad is usc going to beat us next week? depressing thought, but realistic.

i got to watch my sister play basketball today at home. man she is getting tall and really starting to do well in sports - she's a fantastic volleyball player as well. I can't wait to watch her playing bball at CHS - just take the reigns and really drive that team to do well. She's got a lot of potential and she does so much stuff - top in her class and all that. she reminds me a lot of myself except pure as all get out. it's the six year age gap. go sweetheart!

brother the first went to oklahoma this weekend for prospective baseball opportunities. I hope it works for him to go out of state...either oklahoma or n. carolina. I think he'd really love it. not that I don't like it here... but a smaller school would be nice. I think I'm growing to like it here though, the school and the city. hope everyone else is doing well.

all around me are familar faces
worn out places, worn out faces
bright and early for the daily races
going nowhere, going nowhere
the tears are filling up their glasses
no expression, no expression
hide my head, I want to drown my sorrow
no tomorrow, no tomorrow
and I find it kind of funny, I find it kind of sad
the dreams in which I'm dying
are the best I've ever had
I find it hard to tell you, I find it hard to take
when people run in circles
it's a very very mad world


Gary Jules
- Mad World (from the Donnie Darko soundtrack)

No comments: