4.12.06

Kind of a crappy day.

I cannot wait until finals are over. Less than 10 days from now, I can go home and not worry about school for a while - just about going to work, and enjoying Christmas, and seeing friends from Oly.

Last night, a kid at work got injured pretty badly. A case of olive oil that he was lifting broke open from the bottom, sending 12 bottles to the floor. All but 2 shattered, and my co-worker slipped in the puddle of oil. When I came around the corner to see what the crash was, I saw him sitting on the floor, with olive oil all over his back, and not moving. Upon closer inspection, it turns out that he was bleeding profusely from his hands due to two large gashes from the glass shards. He was taken to the ER, and all of us were pretty shaken up about the whole thing. His girlfriend was especially torn up (she works there too, and saw the whole thing happen.

So that was depressing, and we wrote him a card. I know it sounds cliche, but I hope he gets better fast. The weird thing is, we all know in the back of our minds that such a thing could happen to any of us.

And now, time to go to work.

No comments: