29.1.07

Last night was a lot of fun, even though I stayed up too late and missed my physics lecture as a result. I got off work at 10 and went to watch some live bluegrass at Pies and Pints up on 65th and 12th.

(Side note: Pies and Pints does not, as Ashley thought, serve pizza pie, nor do they serve fruit pie, which was my misconception. They actually are all about the pot pies, which sounds like a great idea to me, because they are hearty, tasty and would probably go great with a pint. I'll have to get one next time I go there.)

I got to the pub in time to watch the band pack up their instruments. Great. Missed the show. But 3 of my coworkers were there, so we hung out for a bit more and chatted about work and life and such. Brad determined he owed me a beer for the few times I've given him food and drink at my house, and so he bought me a pint of the most ping-pong tiddly in the nuclear sub. It was called Jolly Roger Christmas Ale, and had what has to be a record at 11% alcohol by volume. Needless to say, I was pretty good to go after that, and I ended up hanging out with Brad at his house and having a great conversation. It was nice, because we're similar in a lot of ways, and although we work together all the time, it's not like we ever really get a chance to hang out and talk, since we're both always busy with work and school. I finally left his house at 1:30 am, and went home to go to bed.

Tomorrow is Max's 21st birthday, so a bunch of TJ's people are going to take him out on the Ave somewhere. This is just the first of a bunch of 21 runs in the coming months. Ronda's is exactly 3 weeks from tomorrow!

1 comment:

Ronda said...

Most ping-pong tiddly in the nuclear sub?? I'm not sure I can accept that as a legitimate phrase. When I read it, it's almost like someone's actually tickling me, it's that ridiculous.

Anyway, have fun!