27.4.03

turns out the short stories for the patron's contest were NOT limited to 60 lines. Curse my inability to interpret things.. ah well. Am frusterated at the moment because of the convo J-Dawg and I were supposed to have auf Deutsch... yeah well my computer decided in the middle of it to make AIM stop working, and so the convo didn't get printed out, and Herr will never know it occured. Scheisse. Anyway.. fun weekend, had a track meet on Saturday that was 90 minutes away from school that lasted a good 11 hours. Yup, I was stupid enough NOT to bring my own car. I was there the entire day. But it was fun hanging out, translating songs with J-Dawg and cheering people on with Teasa. Speaking of her, I wish she wouldn't quit track.. we have such a good time together at the meets. Darn IB tests aren't worth it.
Today felt good - the sun was out and I went to the gym soon after waking up. Had a good workout, felt motivated, even to the point where I stopped at the park on the way home and jogged around there, too, just enjoying the beautiful day and the waterfall and the memories of summer, and anticipating the coming summer. Also went to symphony rehearsal and just remembered how much I love music and what a big part of my life it is. Part of that came from teaching the younger kids again, the 3rd time this time... the real coach is finally back after a month, and will only have one rehearsal with the kids. I wonder if the youngest ones will remember what she looks like, haha. Anyway, I made $35 each time, which works for me.
Been listening to Billy Joel a lot today... especially Waltz #1 (Nunley’s Carousel). He’s got a whole CD of classical-style pieces that he’s written, and the two that I’ve heard are extremely beautiful, and they’re not as long (read: boring) as some classical music is. I intend to buy the entire CD when I get the chance (and the money). Such good stuff. Another of his songs dominated my car stereo on the way to and from symphony.

In every heart there is a room
A sanctuary safe and strong
To heal the wounds from lovers past
Until a new one comes along
I spoke to you in cautious tones
Yu answered me with no pretense
And still I feel I said too much
My silence is my self-defense.

And every time I’ve held a rose
It seems I only felt the thorns
And so it goes, and so it goes
And so will you soon I suppose

But if my silence made you leave
Then that would be my worst mistake
So I will share this room with you
And you can have this heart to break

And this is why my eyes are closed
It’s just as well for all I’ve seen
And so it goes and so it goes
And you’re the only one who knows

So I would choose to be with you
That’s if the choice were mine to make
But you can make decisions too
And you can have this heart to break

And so it goes and so it goes
And you’re the only one who knows


Billy Joel, And So It Goes

No comments: