20.12.04

lack of correspondence from my German exchange family makes Kyla a sad panda. perhaps I should send a Christmas card. Won't make it in time, though.

working again at Dad's office for some much-appreciated cash. I'm pretty sure he's not paying me to blog... at the moment, though, there's not a whole lot else to do. Even though it's only quarter after 3, we've seen all of today's patients and the mail still hasn't come. I seriously am out of work. Maybe I'll take off early and get a workout in before I go about my evening activities. (laundry, but maybe also a movie at a friend's house.)

then it's back again to the office for the rest of the week until Friday, when on Christmas Eve I get to spend three hours selling parking passes in Seattle. I don't really care about that, either... I'll just go to Redmond afterwards for a wonderful Christmas Eve with my dad's family.

Warm 106.9 has been playing Christmas favorites all day here in the office. Right now they're playing a version of "Walkin' in a Winter Wonderland" titled "Sippin' in Seattle's Latte Land". Barf. What junk. If you're going to make a parody, don't make it sound like a MIDI file with bad lyrics. It reminds me of the song Kip sings to Lafawnduh at their wedding.

Here's a better set of lyrics from a parody we sang in Unleashed last year:

"Oh we're going to Seattle for Christmas,
And the freeway is one long isthmus,
But we can swim down the carpool lane,
Let it rain, let it rain, let it rain."

That's more like it.

No comments: