26.4.05

dudes

today was long and drawn-out and without pause.

some things happened to me, and i thought I might share, since this is my blog and i can say whatever I want. Here they are, in no particular order:

-As I was helping clean up after Teen Feed, I spilled a cup of chocolate milk. It pretty much fell directly on my foot, and i was wearing flip flops, so it was milky nastiness on my foot. Awesome.

-Anna asked me what happened to my mother. I don't remember the last time anyone asked that. I was really pleased with the way she asked it - like she cared enough to know, and that it was important to know.

-Jack Johnson's new album has become my favorite. I can never go back once I hear a new album of his. The old one just isn't as good.

-Some college kids got mad at me for the parking prices for the soccer game. It was only 4 dollars, and there were 5 of them in the car. Not like they couldn't afford it. I told them I don't set the prices; I just work there and nothing more. One of them retorted with "well, I go to college." As if I don't. Jerk. This emphasises even more how much i empathize with entry-level workers. it really isn't their fault.

-i declared my major first thing this morning. no more "pre-major" for me. I'm a full-fledged Cell and Molecular Biology Major at the UW. Go me!

now it's time for bed. kickboxing tomorrow morning!!! but i will tell some stories from this last weekend when I get the chance. they are funny, and my sister requested one in particular. :) :) :)

when your mind is a mess, so is mine
i can't sleep cuz it hurts when i think
my thoughts on a piece with the plans that we make
chances we take
they're not yours they're not mine
there's waves that can break
all the words that we said and the words that we mean
words can fall short, can see the unseen
cuz the world is awake for somebody's sake
now please close your eyes woman
please get some sleep
and know that if I knew all the answers
i would not hold them from you, no
all of the things that i know
we told each other
there is no other way


Jack Johnson - No Other Way

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know a girl
She puts the color inside of my world
But she's just like a maze
Where all of the walls all continually change
And I've done all I can
To stand on her steps with my heart in my hands
Now I'm starting to see
Maybe it's got nothing to do with me


-John Mayer, "Daughters"

I love this song. I'll have to play it for you on the guitar sometime.