19.4.03

I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell
I know right now you can't tell
but stay awhile and baby then you'll see
a different side of me
I'm not crazy, I'm just a little impaired
I know right now you don't care
but soon enough you're going to think of me
and how I used to be


Old e-mails open the floodgates of nostalgia, and all the half-dead memories come rushing back into living, breathing existence. Hard to imagine that I really felt this way all the time only a year ago. I remember - my feelings remember - and I wonder, how the hell did I get myself into all of that? ... so attached, so involved, and at the same time so alone. At least now I'm at a point where I know I can walk away from it. Just walk away. Heh...perspective is a wonderful thing.
Funny how I'm so willing to accept the facades that my friends put on, when I know, have known, that much more lies beneath, and that my cheerful, funny comrades are in fact more than "a little unwell." I tend to think of my younger self as a more innocent, more oblivious girl. Looking at these emails reminds me just how grown-up I've had to be. I've been that way for many years, it seems, and there's just more ahead. What happened to the carefree childhood days?
We're on the verge of life - standing on the edge of the cliff with hangliders, waiting for the perfect breeze to carry us away, one by one. Sucks that the preparation had to be the confusing, troubling teenage years.
On a lighter note, I should have sent some of my homemade cookies home with the Scrub and the Barrelmaker. They're just sitting here, and I keep eating them. Time to go to the gym, or perhaps help with some housework.
Homework? What homework?

Today's lyrics brought to you courtesty of Matchbox Twenty.

No comments: