9.11.03

so, the weekend. Friday was the most frickin' coolest thing EVER, in that I went to something called a "gypsy party" with some people from McMahon. It was put on by some SPU seniors, which is kinda random... the girls I was with knew them from youth group. So yeah, the theme was gypsy, and about half the people were dressed up, and we ate some tasty rice-and-bean dish and danced to crazy violin and flute music. later we even made our own music, playing drums and fiddles and horns and basses... it was amazing. We made so much noise... i'm surprised we didn't get complaints. The house was on a hill in Freemont and had an amazing view - lights as far as you could see. I wanna live there!

So that was fun. Last night was also good clean fun, going with my seminar group to dinner at an Indian restaurant on the Ave. We were also supposed to go to a play ("The Imaginary Invalid") but dinner ran late. It was good indian food though, something which I'd never tried. The mango lassi could have been better. Later I watched a scary Japanese movie with a guy down the hall, and then got to see a friend who was visiting from WSU. Needless to say, last night was a late one.

Today's plan? So far, I've been reading a novel and eating yogurt. I should probably work on doing something productive, like studying or going to the IMA. Yeah, I think I'll get on to one of those.

I'm excited for Thursday! first concert and a change of age! whoohoo

then the girl in the cafe taps me on the shoulder
i realize five years went by and I'm older
memories smolder, the winter's colder
but that same piano loops over and over and over
the road shines and the rain washes away
the same chinese takeaway selling stuff in a tray
the star curl round, i walk down
same sights same sounds
new beats though
solid concrete under my feet
no surprises, no treats
the world stands still as my mind sloshes round
the washing-up bowl in my crown
my life's been up and down since I walked from that crowd


The Streets - Weak Become Heroes

No comments: