20.5.04

so i'm sitting in class, pretending to listen to my english TA. usually when I am bored in class, i take out a piece of paper and write letters to my friends, and sometimes I write stuff that I will later post to my blog... that's where this crazy poetry is coming from. but today i'm lucky - we've got the computer lab so we can learn how to do research. Thanks IB, for already teaching me all of this so i could use this time to enter this valuable blog post. :P

woke up at 8:15 today for my 8:30 chem exam which is about a 15 minute leisurious walk. so once I left my dorm at 8:20, I was scrurrying/running/walking very, very quickly to get to Bagley in time. got there with one minute to spare... felt pretty confident taking it. it was pretty much what I expected. so, yay. of course, i'll prolly get it back and find out it kicked my butt. C'est la vie.

you know what's cool about Xanga? they let you give e-props. I'd like that... some feedback on my blog. oh WAIT, that's what that flooble chatterbox was for, and we all know how that turned out.

well, since the chem midterm is over, i can finally relax. Go to the IMA today, go celebrate the Tajikistani's birthday by going to see Troy with her and the floor, go to acapella rehearsal and have fun. much excited. i could start right now if it weren't for that pesky class thing. psssh. anyway.

oh yeah, and I saw RENT Tuesday night in Tacoma! it was AWESOME. i was soooo excited. i went with a bunch of people who hadn't seen it or heard the music, so afterwards in the car i felt like I was babbling when I kept saying things like "Mimi was really powerful when she sang 'Out Tonight'" and people would respond with "was she the one with the blue pants?" haha. oh well. we also had horrible seats, but you can't expect a whole lot when you buy the cheapest tickets. The guy who sat next to me in during the show was from Central Washington University, and he was seeing RENT for the 6th time. He was dressed up like Mark, and we discussed how Joanne and Roger were poorly cast, Joanne because she wasn't butch enough, and Roger because his hair was too long. But then, Roger could have cut his hair, and that would probably have been okay, because he had a good voice. Aaaaanyway. Next time, i'm taking my brother the second.

You look familar
Like your ex-girlfriend
Only when you smile but I'm sure I've seen you somewhere else
Do you go to the Cat-Scratch club
That's where I work, I dance. Help me look!
Yes! They used to tie you up...
It's a living.
I didn't recognize you without the handcuffs...
We could light the candle
Oh won't you light my candle?


Light the Candle - RENT
(Roger's lines are bold/italic; Mimi's are italic)

No comments: