13.11.05

I discovered on Friday night that spouting catch phrases in German convinces people that you are a very clever foreigner, indeed. One that got me a lot of success was "Mein Name ist Hase", which means "My name is Rabbit" and apparently means "I don't have a clue." I've also learned that it's what the German Bugs Bunny says instead of "What's up, Doc?"

Also, when I introduce myself to Germans, they don't understand how to say my name. But if I follow it up with "Kyla, die Geile" (which is actually my new screen name, too, without spaces or punctuation), they laugh because it's funny and it rhymes. ("Geile" is pronounced "Guy-la", so it rhymes well.) And they'll remember my name, too. (It translates loosely as "Kyla, the Awesome", but the word "geil" can also mean "horny", so I'm not sure which one is the correct translation when you use it in this way. I'm hoping for "awesome".)

That was a lot of parentheses.

In other news, today is my birthday. AND MY BOYFRIEND BROUGHT ME FLOWERS THIS MORNING! I was so surprised, because it was 10:30 AM. That's quite early to be brought flowers on a Sunday. He also took me out to Greek food last night. :) What a good boyfriend... Other plans for the day included going to the monk closter in Bebenhausen (which I've eliminated from the list, cuz I don't feel like going), going to the gym (which I definitely will do before it closes at 6), and going to my "surprise" birthday party in the kitchen at about 9 tonight. I wouldn't have known about it if I hadn't been part of the group PLANNING it. But who knows, maybe there's more to it that I don't know about...

Well, better get going to that gym. Have a good day folks, and thanks to all those who sent their birthday wishes my way - they were much appreciated. :)

No comments: